Tuesday 28 August 2012

Max Factor Eye Brightening Mascara Review

Okay guys this is my first blog post so please tell me what you think and I hope you will find the review helpful :)

 I was in Dublin over the weekend for the Tall Ships festival. Though of course knowing my luck I missed it! The bright side is that I got to go shopping in Jervis shopping centre. I had seen a few ads for the new Max Factor 'Eye Brightening Mascara' and was curious as to weather it would actual make my eyes seem brighter and wider. So I popped into Boots and bought it for €6.49 which was the sale price and I thought it was a fairly reasonable price

There were three mascara's one for brown eyes, one for green and the other for blue. The mascara for green eyes was sold out and my eyes are a greeny blue so I went for the blue mascara. On the tube it says its a Tonal Black Volumising Mascara but I found it to be more of a dark navy colour and also found it more lengthening rather then volumising.

 Although I don't believe it brightened my eyes I liked the consistency and although it didn't clump I found it bringing lots of my eyelashes together and making a few thick eyelashes which I didn't really like. The bristles on the brush although close together didn't really do much for my eyelashes. The colour like I said I found it more of a dark navy colour but it was nice, the brush is a medium size in width and not too long which is what I prefer. The few minor problems were that it has a very strong chemical smell which is a bit of a turn off, it makes your eyelashes quite hard and I found it quite difficult to take off at night too which is never a good thing. All in all an okay mascara for a fairly good price though I probably wont purchase it again due to the few flaws :) Have any of you tried this mascara what did you think?














Please excuse the lighting and background in the pictures they were taken at 2 in the morning! I also was unable to upload a scary picture of my eye with this mascara on not sure why though.

No comments:

Post a Comment